Using "ON now()" returns more results

Daniel Robinson February 1, 2020

Hi, 

I've noticed that when I use the "ON" JQL statement I seem to get more data that I would expect.  For example if I run these two queries at the same time the one with "On now()" returns more data

project in (PRO1, PRO2, PRO3, PRO4) AND Type not in (Release, "Test Case", "Test Run", "Test Scenario", Sub-task, "Development Opportunity", "Custom Branch") AND status was not in (Closed, Resolved, Rejected) ON now()

Returns: 980

project in (PRO1, PRO2, PRO3, PRO4) AND Type not in (Release, "Test Case", "Test Run", "Test Scenario", Sub-task, "Development Opportunity", "Custom Branch") AND status was not in (Closed, Resolved, Rejected) 

Returns: 894

Does anyone know whats going on here? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2020

Hi @Daniel Robinson ,

yes, there is a difference. I believe the explanation is this:

The first case means - issues, which are not in status (Closed, Resolved, Rejected) right now (but could be in these statuses in the past). It's basically the same like "status not in (Closed, Resolved, Rejected)"

The second case means - issues never have been in status (Closed, Resolved, Rejected).

Suggest an answer