Using numeric range within charts

Manohar Venkataraman April 9, 2013

I understand that charts and reports generally work off searchers (code that tells Jira how to index and search a field) and not a field. However, I have a circumstance where I would like to use a range for a pie chart. I am helping teams move to an agile methodology and replace Severity/Priority with Business Value (0-99). As such, I would like my pie chart to display ranges such that it can display x=99 (showstoppers), 99<x<=90 (all critical issues) etc.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
&(*&)#)_*#@@(*)(@*)(*@
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2013

Hi Manohar,

I have the same situation, with many differents users and many different kpi .. i doubt any pmo will ever consider a story point ;)

I have write a small searcher that add statistic for numeric value , text value,date .. you could then create dashboard with piechart for your numerical value , 2dimensional filter and more, here is the plugin .

best regards,

Manohar Venkataraman August 25, 2013

Thanks, we'll take a look when we have time (busy with releases right now).

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2013

If you are going Agile why don't you use Greenhopper? Than you can easily visualise these differences with swimlanes, card colors and quick filters.

0 votes
Manohar Venkataraman April 9, 2013

Different tools for different reasons. We are making every team use Business Value when importing their old data into Jira, but not necessarily every team is going to be using Greenhopper (at least not to start). Also when looking at large amounts of data I find the Pie Chart to be far more useful than Greenhopper, which is useful for the current release/iteration. Thanks for the feedback though!

Suggest an answer