Using month parameter in advanced search doesn't work?

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2014

Maybe I am missing something obvious: 

I have a custom field "Date for next review".

One issue is set for review June 9th next year.

This query gives me a result:

project = BACKLOG AND "Date for next review" > 30d AND "Date for next review" < 200d

This query does not:

project = BACKLOG AND "Date for next review" > 30d AND "Date for next review" < 10m

(I know 200d and 10m is different in number - just to make a clear cut case)

Any idea?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2014

Ah, I know this one.  10m is 10 minutes, not months.

You can only do weeks, days, hours and minutes in the range searches.  I think the closest you can get is by using the endOfMonth() functions, or something like > 30d and < 90d

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2014

So your first query is basically: date between 30 days from now and 200 days from now

while the second one

date between 30 days from now and 10 minutes from Now–> that makes no sense

I guess you took m for months but it is minutes.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2014

hmm, who converted my answer to a question?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2014

I mean comment...

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2014

* arf... non-functioning brain...*

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2014

I only know it because I did exactly the same several times when I was learning JIRA... :-)

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2014

To conclude: I missed something obvious :)

Suggest an answer