Using @mention in a reply email

James Porter August 24, 2015

I am trying to give my users the ability to mention another user in a reply email (used to update the comments on an issue).  So user A will @mention user B in the comments, which drives an email to user B.  

If user B is out the office and wants to reply by email and mention user A then I think they have to format the message as [~user B], but I am wondering if it is possible to do something like @User B in the email body?

This is more friendly to my end-users that are not going to remember a square bracket tilde option.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2015

There was a feature request regarding this in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31111 but it was closed as won't fix, so you might want to create a new one or keep using the [~user] workaround sad

Another possible solution would be use some third-party plugins to apply regex and edit the incoming mail messages, like JEMH.

Cheers!
Teilor

James Porter August 24, 2015

thanks for the feedback Teilor.

Suggest an answer