Using jira ondemand, how can you find / query issues having sub-task with specific label

Liam Walker March 10, 2014

The query I would like to do is...

has subtasks where subtask-labels ="mylabel"

I actually need a few more conditions, but cannot find the syntax for interrogating sub-tasks/issues.

thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2014

jql should be able to do the magic

issue-type = ${you_name_it} and labels = "${you_name_it_again}"

i don't think script runner plugin works for ondemand installs....but this has nice scripted jql functions such as

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions

thanks, but doesn't really deliver what we need.

to expand on requirement, i need to find all issues where an sub-task with specific label has recently been resolved. From what I've seen this is not going to be possible with on-demand?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2014

for script runner to find issues with subtasks that have labels it would be:

issueFunction in parentsOf("labels in ('XYZ'))

but no it doesn't work for OD.

If there really isn't any way I can quert this then I think I may have to look at installed version.

I have a linux server that I could use to host Jira locally - is it a straightforward installation? can you move from OD to product install license easily?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2014

Relatively straightforward to install yes, and Atl will give you a backup of your database to restore. But don't forget to take in to account the time you will need to spend in future doing upgrades etc.

Suggest an answer