Using .csv importer, unable to map certain fields?

Jace Proctor December 17, 2014

Hi there,

I'm exporting issues from Pivotal Tracker into JIRA.  I've exported my issues into a .csv and the importer isn't throwing any errors, but I am running into situations where I don't see the desired JIRA fields I wish to map to.

The only fields I can map to, according to the importer, are: 

Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 5.54.57 PM.png

For example: my Pivotal .csv has a column for Created at, with dates inside (Dec 17, 2014), and JIRA picks up on this and shows this as a column I'd like to import.  I'd like to map this to a similar field inside JIRA, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Similar to this are Comments.  Again, the importer sees that I have a Comment column in my .csv, but I can't map it to the JIRA Comments field. 

Any suggestions?  Is this a field permissions/scheme thing? 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2014

Hi Jace,

I believe that is because you are using the "Import Issues From CSV" option inside the "Issues" menu instead of using the "External System Import", am I right? In this case, that's expected behavior, as both imports work differently.  This is outlined at Creating issues using the CSV importer:

Your administrator has access to more import options designed specifically for other systems such as Github, Fogbugz and Bugzilla. If you are planning on importing from an external system, it's worth checking with your administrator to ensure they don't have a better option for you.

If you with to have more options in the import, please use the "External System Import" option.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

DevOps January 21, 2016

Great - That allows me to import the Status now.

Strange there are 2 options and not clear text showing the difference. There to confuse.

Thanks for the solution ;0)

David

0 votes
Jace Proctor December 18, 2014

Indeed, that was the case!  The External System Import had the exact options I was hoping for, and the import worked perfectly.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer