Using an issue collector, can I set the "Reporter" field to a Jira Service Desk "Customer"?

Jim Reprogle June 17, 2016

I wish to use an issue collector so I can embed a help link in a custom web application. Users of this application will not be Service Desk Agents, nor will they be JIRA Users. They will however, be Service Desk customers, so we will have a record of them in the system. Can I set the "Reporter" field to a known customer based on an email match?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2016

No, not unless you introduce logic. What is the format of your customer's names? If their username was their email, I could see you using a post-function to copy the field-to-field.

I know no one likes to hear this but you really should consider a custom collector here, the Issue Collector is purely designed to be integrated into an application for users to join in with bug reporting in classic JIRA, and it's not designed for Service Desk.

0 votes
Jim Reprogle June 17, 2016

Thank you, that's kind of what I expected. I haven't been able to find the API docs on creating custom collectors. Would you happen to have a reference URL for that?

Suggest an answer