Using Version in the search for Issue

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2012

Hi,

I use the Version field for managing Sprints in JIRA & GH.

Many of my queries use the Version field as a filter.

Hoever, at the begining of any Sprint I must go over all my filters and update the Version = xxx to the current Sprint.

Is there any easier way to use it.

Something like a property, that I will change it and the filters will read from there?

or other solution?

Thanks,

Janiv.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
CEDRIC ZABEL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2012

You can save your current sprint version as a filter, and reference that filter from other filters.

For example, you could have a saved filter for “Current ProjectOne version”

fixVersion = "v01"

Then your filter for “Blockers in current ProjectOne version” would look like

priority = blocker and filter = "Current ProjectOne version"

When the current ProjctOne version changes, you just change the “Current ProjectOne version” filter

fixVersion = "v02"

and the “Blockers in current ProjectOne version” filter, and all other filters referencing “Current ProjectOne version” get updated.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2012

+1 for this, we also do the same with a base filter and all other filters are based on this filter.

2 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2012

Hi Janiv,

maybe the JQL-Function fixVersion = earliestUnreleasedVersion(PROJECT) works for you ?

Best regards

Thomas

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2012

Thanks, but it won't help.

I do have many sub versions under any Sprint:

Bamboo

- CMS

- EMA

- Server

- Mobile

Cactus

- EMA

- Server

So, I'll get all the versions that were not relased, but I want only the ones under Cactus one.

Thanks,

Suggest an answer