Using Script Runner Built in Scripts to escalate issue and add comment

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2013

I am using the Built in Script - Escalation Service - to transition the issue and add a comment. The transition is set as the Action and adding the comment is set as the Additional Code. The transition is completed, but the comment never gets added to the issue. Here is what I have set as the Addition Code:

issueInputParameters.setComment('comment goes here')

I have not been able to find any errors or warnings in the logs. I have verified the permissions scheme to ensure the user account being used has permissions to edit and add comments but I am still not getting a comment.

Wwe are JIRA v6.1 and Script Runner v2.1.15

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

Is there a transition screen? As @Matt Doar commented on the docu page

If the comments are still not appearing check that the transition has a transition screen. If there is no transition screen then the setComment method is ignored

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2013

Duh! Thank you Henning, I should have caught that.

Suggest an answer