Using Portfolio with Jira Core

Craig Ganssle July 26, 2017

I have been trying to create Portfolio plans for my projects in Jira Core.  The projects have nothing to do with software development.  

Does ANYONE, have any idea how to do it, IN DETAIL?  I link a bunch of porjects into a plan, and it doesn't show me any data.  Most of these projects contain issues which have due dates....so given the current date, my speculation is it would create a Gantt chart style based on current date and due date and who (teams) are assinged to it....and potentially corellate their workload on other projects linked in as well.

Let me know if anyone has figfured out a great way to do this.  I feel Portfolio could be rather powerfull, but seems like it was built for only Jira Software, though I find articles that say otherwise.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi Craig,

On the topic of Jira Core: Portfolio does not require you to buy Jira Software.

Portfolio for Jira Server requires Jira software to be installed but it does not need to be licensed (i.e You do not need to buy it).

As for how Portfolio works, I would strongly recommend having a look at the getting started documentation and the Portfolio for Jira webinar.

Some useful clarification for your comment:

• Portfolio for Jira does not use the due date field
  • To display something on your schedule one or more of the following would be necessary: Sprint assignment, estimation, release assignment and target start date / target end date

Cheers,

Thomas

Suggest an answer