Using Multi User Field, create that many subtasks with them as the assignee

Kathleen Jacobs June 4, 2013

Is this possible through a plugin or script?

We created a Field using the Multi User, where they can include as many users as they want.

All of these people need a subtask created and assigned to them. Is there a way we can do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2013

Hi kjacobs,

Govardhan has done this recently using the script runner plugin by Jamie Echlin. He has provided the solution here.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/175354/create-sub-tasks-based-multi-select-custom-field

Cheers

Bhushan

:( Getting:

• This question or answer has been deleted.
  • The URL has an error.

I have script runner and in the Post Function, after the Multi User Field is filled out, I want to add the script. With Script Runner, do i have to have the file seperate, how can I add it directly somehow? All i see as an option is Script Post-Function.

I have the script he gave but changed line one to match my field name.

So it looks like:

cfStewards = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Stewards")

Collection<User> users= (Collection) issue.getCustomFieldValue(cfStewards); 

if(users != null)
{ 
for(i in 0..users.size()-1)
{ 
Object AssigneeValue = users.get(i).getName();

issueObject = issueFactory.getIssue()
issueObject.setProject(issue.getProject())
issueObject.setIssueTypeId("10") 
issueObject.setParentId(issue.getId())

issueObject.setSummary(issue.getSummary())
issueObject.setAssigneeId(AssigneeValue)

subTask = issueManager.createIssue(authenticationContext.getUser(), issueObject)
subTaskManager.createSubTaskIssueLink(issue.getGenericValue(), subTask, authenticationContext.getUser())
i++
}

}

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2013

Hi kjacobs,

You can easily use the code and write your own post-function workflow plugin if you want.

Thank you

Bhushan

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2013

Suggest an answer