Using Jquery in Field Configurations

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2014

I have this snippet in the Summary of the field configuration of a Project:

<script type="text/javascript">
 AJS.toInit(function(){
        AJS.$('#show-more-links-link').click();
    })
</script>

It works OK in issues in projects using that field configuration (it clicks the 'more links' link when viewing the issue). But if I change the permission so current user can't edit the issue, it stops working.

This is JIRA 6.1

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
CEDRIC ZABEL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2014

You could try putting it in the announcement banner. Then it will run on every page.

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2014

Thanks, yes that way it works, but I need to add more logic to check for the issue type, something that in the field configuration I would't need to do.

Any idea why it works that way?

CEDRIC ZABEL
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2014

I’m actually surprised it works when you put the Javascript in the field configuration. I wouldn’t have thought that would show up when viewing the issue, but evidentally it does when the user has edit permissions.

Suggest an answer