Using Jira for Stash Authentication

Joseph Melnick March 3, 2014

Our internal machine that runs Jira, Greenhopper and Stash had an IP address (192.168.254.245) that changed within the same subnet (192.168.245.182). Stash attempts to access the old IP address (192.168.254.245) to authentucate against Jira.'

I have unsuccessfully removed the application link at both ends but when I rebuild the relationship it seems to work but the old IP address linking Stash to Jira fails.

Do I need to backup, reinstall both applications and restore data?

Is there an easier way to get Stash to auhenticate against Jira?

Joseph

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

Hi Joseph,

Authentication has nothing to do with application links. Have you looked under User Directories?

Charles

Joseph Melnick March 10, 2014

Charles,

I created a new user directory for stash with credentials from jira, activated, promoted and tested.

Thank you for your help.

Joseph

1 vote
Todd March 4, 2014

Did you update the application for the new IP address? You need to whitelist anything using the Jira user directory. Instructions at the link below.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Connecting+Stash+to+JIRA+for+user+management

Todd,

Looked at that documentation earlier but it did'nt help me resolve my issue.

Thank you for your input.

Joseph

1 vote
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

Don't you have to configure stash to point to JIRA for it's authentication directory? I have done this in confluence and fisheye before. In that config try hard coding the IP instead of the hostname to see if that works.

I tried this but it failed to fix my problem.

Thank you for the help

Suggest an answer