Using Jira Links in Excel

Thomas Lausecker January 22, 2013

Hello,

I have the following question:

I use an Excel List to follow all Jira Report. This Excel Overview uses the Jira Link (URL) to quickly get full access the details of the Jira Report.

Unfortunately this does not work any more that easy (worked a couple of months ago fine but not now any more). It always asks: "You must log in to access this page. If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators." But I am logged in and do have ticked on Auto-Login. This means for every link in Excel to Jira I need to login again.

Do you have any ideas what the reason could be?

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2013

I have seen this issue before, it happens when you click JIRA OnDemand links from MS Office softwares. this might be related to this bug and according to this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899927 you can make the fix in your Windows registry and see if that changes anything.

The registry change consists of setting a DWORD key ForceShellExecute with value 1 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Internet.
Hope it helps.
Thomas Lausecker January 31, 2013

Thanks! Following your link I saw that I need to add it here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Internet

--> Now it works fine - thanks!

Suggest an answer