Using JQL to filter information about Zendesk (integration Jira)

Can I use JQL to filter information from Jira integration with Zendesk?

For exemple:

JQL: "Zendesk status" = open

tks

Rafael Pimenta

Belo Horizonte - Brasil

8 answers

1 accepted

Hi, Rafael.

I'd be glad to be proven wrong but I don't think it's directly possible; I wasn't able to find any way (nor any information on how) to do that directly myself.

The way we worked around it was by creating a custom field in Jira (calling it 'Ticket status') and mapping it via inbound mapping to 'Status' field in Zendesk.

We then execute the queries in Jira against the local field.

Cheers,

Rafał

Rafal,

it might be obvious for you, but can you please tell me how can I set this field automatically. I do have connection from Zendesk to Jira, and I do have the ticket status in both, but the idea is to have a quick filter to filter the existing bugs that have connections to some zendesk tickets. So the idea is to use either this custom field or some existing jira+zendesk functionality in JQL filters.

Thanks

2 votes

Rafael Pimenta,

Kocinski solution is correct. A custom field will need to be created in JIRA, that way it will work with JQL.

Cheers

Luciano

I'll suggest this change to the Zendesk tool in the company.

Thanks for the answers friends!

tks

Rafael Pimenta

Belo Horizonte - Brasil

I'm already providing these changes in Jira and Zendesk.

Thanks for the answers friends!

Grateful.

Rafael Pimenta

Belo Horizonte - Brasil

I have created this custom field on Jira.

Any suggestions how to do this mapping in Zendesk or where do I find this information?

Tks

Rafael Pimenta

Belo Horizonte - Brasil

Hi, Rafael.

Assuming that you use 'CustomWare Zendesk Connector Plugin' and have your connection with Zendesk already working, you enter admin mode and go to Plugins > Mappings.

Find the right connection in the 'View Mappings' screen and click 'Configure' next to it. This will reveal 'Configure Mappings' screen - there, you're looking for section 'Add Field Mapping' which will allow you to map Zendesk's 'Status' your new field in JIRA. Remember to set correct 'Direction' parameter.

As a side note - I have my 'Ticket status' field configured in JIRA as a 'Select List' with values corresponding to ticket statuses in Zendesk: New, Open, Pending, Solved (I haven't tried mapping to a free text field in JIRA but I assume it should work too). When configuring your field in JIRA make sure to set a 'Searcher' for it (in my case it's 'Select List Searcher') so that it can be used in queries.

Cheers

Rafał

Hi,

I think I found an easier way to query issues with JQL. Zendesk adds a label to any issue which is created from or linked to from Zendesk. So, you can search for "labels = jira_escalated". This at least gives you the list of issues in JIRA from Zendesk so you can look at the Zendesk status when you open the issue.

May be too simplistic for what you want to do, but thought it might help.

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

I've tried your solution, but it hasn't worked. In JIRA, the issues that came from Zendesk don't have a jira_escalated label. Do you know how could I correct it?

There aren't settings in JIRA and Zendesk add-ons...

Thank you,

Etienne

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,269 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot