Using JIRA for a Knowledgebase

Graeme Fidler August 14, 2013

I am wishing to use a JIRA project as my departments knowledgebase. It will be used as a repository for storing useful hints/tips and "How To's".

I do not believe we would need/see why we would want to be able to worfklow the knowledgebase articles so my question is:

Are you able to create a project in JIRA that dows not use a workflow?

Please note we do not have Confluence.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013
If you already have JIRA, you can certainly use JIRA for this. You could set up a one-step workflow with no transitions. It seems strange that your knowledgebase articles do not have any kind of workflow, though. At the very least, I would think you would want to be able to submit, approve, flag, and retire your articles. That would give you the ability to manage your knowledgebase content and would be a simple workflow with four statuses. You could restrict the workflow to certain people or groups so that only they can change the status of the article, if you are worried about controlling the workflow.
0 votes
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

No. By default, workflow is associated to a jira project.

You should use confluence instead.

Suggest an answer