Using JETI through Post Function Workflow

Sam Morris May 12, 2014

Hi

I'm trying to send an email as a Post Function using JETI. The recipents are in a JIRA Group which is in a custom field called Reviewers. See below.

I'm the only member of the group and I'm not recieving the email. I know email is working fine, I've tested sending an email to single user in a custom field and it works Ok.

Can you send emails to Group which are populated in a custom field ? Any ideas ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2014

Have you got "email me on my changes" enabled in your profile?

Sam Morris May 12, 2014

Yes, my profile is set to "Notify me" for my changes.

Sam Morris May 12, 2014

In addition the Reviewers custom field is generated by using the Behaviours Plugin -

FormField ap = getFieldById(getFieldChanged())
FormField reviewers = getFieldByName ("Reviewers")

String approvals_process = ap.getValue()

log.debug "Approval Process....." + approvals_process

if (approvals_process == "TAS") {
reviewers.setFormValue("cmc-tas-level-one-approvers")
}
else if (approvals_process == "SAS") {
reviewers.setFormValue("cmc-sas-level-one-approvers")
}
else if (approvals_process == "EUS") {
reviewers.setFormValue("cmc-eus-level-one-approvers")
}
else {
reviewers.setFormValue("cmc-dba-level-one-approvers")
}

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2014

Oh, hang on, that could explain it.

As far as I can tell, JETI can use either a "user" field to send email to, a "group" field, or a raw email address as text. But you've told it to use a "scripted" field. So, I think JETI is getting a string from the field and ignoring it beause it's not a valid email, a user or a group.

I am guessing here - your log might tell you more.

Sam Morris May 12, 2014

I thought that might be the case.

Any ideas how you script a Group field ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2014

I don't think you can directly - the *type* of a field is determined by the code in the plugin providing it - in this case, the script runner does not announce a scripted field as containing anything other than "results of a script"

I suspect the best you can do is bin the scripted field, replace it with a group field, then take the code you were using in the scripted field and move it into a listener that will populate the group field appropriately

Sam Morris May 13, 2014

Thanks for the advice. That worked !

Cheers

Suggest an answer