Using Greenhopper simplified workflow of one project to other projects

Fazila ashraf May 6, 2013

Hi

Can a simplified greenhopper workflow of one project can be applied on other projects?

Do you think that might cause problems in the way the board or the workflow behaves?

Thanks and regards,

Fazila

1 answer

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2013

Hi Fazila

According to Using GreenHopper Simplified Workflow documentation :

Why can't I switch to Simplified Workflow?

You will only be able to switch to Simplified Workflow if:

• There is only one project being viewed by your board (to check this, look at the board's filter); and
  • That project uses a JIRA workflow scheme which only has one workflow for all issue types; and
  • Your workflow only uses Post Functions, Validators, and Conditions which are provided by Atlassian (not any which are provided by add-ons); and
  • You have the 'JIRA Administrators' global permission; and
  • You are using JIRA version 5.0.4 or later (please see Supported Platforms).
Fazila ashraf May 6, 2013

Hi Daryl

Thanks for your response. But my question is actually different.

Can i "not" switch to simplified workflow on project B. But just apply the simplified workflow of project A on Project B?

Reason is:

On project A, i applied a simplfied worklow and customized its states, column etc. Now i do not want to redo the same thing to all my other similar new project.

So, i am applying same "Simplified workflow for project A" workflow to Project B. The board of project B still has "Simplify" option enabled.

Hope this makes my situation clear!

Thanks and regards,

Fazila

darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2013

Hi Fazila

Unfortunately this is actually not possible currently :(

However there is already an improvement request being raised on this : JRA-9363

Please feel free to vote on it to increase its popularity and add yourself as watcher in order to receive any latest updates from the developer and feedback from other user that is facing the same issue.

Hopefully it helps!

Cheers :)

Suggest an answer