Using Email this issue to manually send a comment to user after issue created and auto-reply sent

Becky Rotoloni August 22, 2014

Hi,

I am trying to set up the Email This Issue add-on to use for customer support and want to do the following:

1. Receive an email from a non-jira user, create an issue in a project and send an auto-reply to the user. - This works.

2. User replies to the auto-reply email and reply is saved in a comment in issue. - This works

3. Jira user adds comment into the issue and then uses the Email button to send the comment to the user. I don't want to do this automatically as I want to pick which comments I want the non-jira user(customer) to see.

This partially works. I am able to send the email to the user, using the sender's email address that is saved in a custom field. The problem is that even though I add the comment into the Body of the email, it doesn't get sent. It is only including what was sent in the original auto-reply email. Is there a way to configure this to do what I want? When I look in the email log, I see the comment in the Body of the email. It just isn't getting sent.

I have other projects that don't have the auto-reply feature set up, and I can send an Email from those issues and get the results I expect.

Thanks,

Becky

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Becky Rotoloni August 22, 2014

Nevermind, of course after I typed up the question I figured it out. I had created a Context entry that was using the Issue Created template. Once I removed it, then it worked as I expected.

Suggest an answer