Using Bamboo OnDemand for a project with a USB hard key

Ruben Sambuellli December 12, 2011

Hi,

This question is actually for OnDemand Bamboo, in preparation to our migration from Studio to OnDemand.

Our main product here uses a USB key for license control.

Is there any way to implement Bamboo OnDemand in this case? Or to link a hosted Bamboo to an OnDemand suite? Any workaround?

I've already got a No answer from Sales contact but I'm opening this issue as last resort.

Thanks,

rs.-

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ruben Sambuellli January 17, 2012

It seems that this can't be done.

0 votes
Ruben Sambuellli January 2, 2012

Thanks James,

Although I'd love to visit an EC2 datacenter, I don't really expect to have access to the HW ;)

And Yes, I need to reach a USB key here in the office from OnDemand during unit tests or run the build server here connected to the OnDemand suite. We're about to try a USB to ethernet driver that promises latency low enough to do the trick over internet. Let's see.

rs.-

0 votes
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2012

I assume you want to plugin a USB key and have it accessed by a Bamboo OnDemand instance? Its not possible to give access to physical hardware when using Bamboo OnDemand.

Suggest an answer