Using 6.3, how can I bulk change Resolution status?

Barry Marelli June 24, 2014

Hey,

Looking for a quick and easy way to bulk chnage Resolution status. I've created a number of Dashboards which serve information that from an admin perspective is incorrect -

The Task is "done" but the resolution remains as "Unresolved".

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Barry

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2014

Hey Barry, you might also want to check out these pages :

For JRA-7302, for now, I would recommend that you do the following on the feature request ticket :

• Vote, so that it will receive more attention
  • Watch it, so that you will receive any and all updates
  • Comment, and give your opinion on the matter

Please note that the implementation of new features and improvement requests falls under Atlassian's Implementation of New Features Policy

0 votes
Barry Marelli July 15, 2014

Hi all,

Feedback was incredibly helpful and the issue was resolved. Thankfully, the volume that required fixing was small. I think anything over 100 becomes laborious and something simiple within JIRA functionality, would be of great benefit.

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2014

Hey Barry, you might also want to check out these pages :

For JRA-7302, for now, I would recommend that you do the following on the feature request ticket :

• Vote, so that it will receive more attention
  • Watch it, so that you will receive any and all updates
  • Comment, and give your opinion on the matter

Please note that the implementation of new features and improvement requests falls under Atlassian's Implementation of New Features Policy

0 votes
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2014

Hi,

Script runner plugin provides a built-in script to do the bulk resolution update based on a filter. May be this is a good start.

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-BulkFixResolutions

Secondly, why are the issues not have resolution when they are done? You can set them on workflow transition either with a screen or via post-function. I am not sure if you want to do it that way. If not, you can use the script runner to fix the resolutions manually.

Vijay.

Suggest an answer