Users unable to edit Priority of issue after submission. Is there a workaround for this?

bchaplin February 25, 2016

Our Service Desk customers have needed to change priority of issues to an elevated state after they submit but are unable to do so.

These are all JIRA Users and this SD instance is supporting our internal staff.

Is there a workaround for this?

1 answer

1 vote
Siaw Yoon Kean February 25, 2016

Hi Blake Chaplin,

For the Service Desk customers to be able to change the priority of the issues, they first need:

a) The permission to "Edit an Issue", which can be set in the permission scheme that the project is using.

edit Issue.png

b) The field "Priority" in the screen that the issue type's "Edit Issue" operation is using which can be set in the issue type screen scheme.

issue type screen.png

Priority Field.png

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Siaw Yoon Kean

bchaplin February 26, 2016

Thank you very much for the direction Siaw. I made a tweak that I didn't have before but still get the same "JIRA Service Desk has overridden this permission" error:

EditPriorityPermission.PNG

I'm starting to think based off that message, that for a customer to edit the priority, or an issue at all, they need to have a JIRA Service Desk license associated with them? That would be unfortunate if so.

Hopefully I'm just missing something.

bchaplin February 26, 2016

When I've logged in as the customer, this is what they see:

CustomerView.PNG

Pavol Perdík March 6, 2017

Hi Blake, have you got this working? We're dealing with the same problem. Siaw's solution is described very briefly making it very hard to implement.

Suggest an answer