Users sometimes dont receive Email Notification

k.hosang November 5, 2019
  1. Hello Community,

One of our customers keeps telling us that he sometimes receives email notifications when we edit one of his tickets and sometimes not. That gets really confusing for him and us since he starts communicating "the old fashioned way" by Email. And there.. all our information belonging to the ticket are scattered all over the place.

Anyone ever heard of that? Any suggestions of what to check with the customer besides the email notification settings on his profile?

Thanks 

Kathleen

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2019

Welcome Kathleen, This is a tough one. I have Service Desk customers who simply don't get our notifications, but I haven't had one yet who would get them sometimes. 

One thing you should check is the "Customer Notifications" setup of your Service Desk project. 

This is a series of notification types that can be individually turned on or off. It may be that some of the ones this customer needs are not active and need to be turned on. 

The only other thing I can think of is that the customer's email firewall is filtering out some of the emails. Unfortunately this will be largely beyond your control. 

You might check the "Templates" in your "Customer Notifications" setup as well to see if there is anything that might be triggering an email filter to block them. 

k.hosang November 8, 2019

Thanks Kathy,

I checked the idividual notification setting for each ticket and it turned out that the customer set some of the tickets to "notifications off" by accident.

Best,

Kathleen

Suggest an answer