It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Users sometimes dont receive Email Notification Edited

k.hosang I'm New Here Nov 05, 2019
  1. Hello Community,

One of our customers keeps telling us that he sometimes receives email notifications when we edit one of his tickets and sometimes not. That gets really confusing for him and us since he starts communicating "the old fashioned way" by Email. And there.. all our information belonging to the ticket are scattered all over the place.

Anyone ever heard of that? Any suggestions of what to check with the customer besides the email notification settings on his profile?

Thanks 

Kathleen

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kathy Hart Community Leader Nov 05, 2019

Welcome Kathleen, This is a tough one. I have Service Desk customers who simply don't get our notifications, but I haven't had one yet who would get them sometimes. 

One thing you should check is the "Customer Notifications" setup of your Service Desk project. 

This is a series of notification types that can be individually turned on or off. It may be that some of the ones this customer needs are not active and need to be turned on. 

The only other thing I can think of is that the customer's email firewall is filtering out some of the emails. Unfortunately this will be largely beyond your control. 

You might check the "Templates" in your "Customer Notifications" setup as well to see if there is anything that might be triggering an email filter to block them. 

k.hosang I'm New Here Friday

Thanks Kathy,

I checked the idividual notification setting for each ticket and it turned out that the customer set some of the tickets to "notifications off" by accident.

Best,

Kathleen

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

229 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you