• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Users lose access from groups

Hi Community people, 

Hope you are all well and safe. I face an issue with JIRA Server 7.12.1, my user management is under LDAP sync and lately random users are removed from their groups, even jira-users and they do not have access to JIRA. Any suggestions ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

There's broadly two things that can cause this

LDAP synchronisation is failing - you'll need to test it in the directory screen and check the logs for sync errors

Your directory administrators have genuinely removed the people from their groups

Hi. Where I can find the logs? Somewhere in Jira logs, or LDAP?

Both, possibly.

The jira application log should record any LDAP sync errors, that's <jira home>/log/atlassian-jira.log.  They might point you to errors on the LDAP side though, then you'd need to read the LDAP logs.

Can you possibly give me one more hint?
I know where logs are. However, when I open this log file with

tail -f atlassian-jira.log

and test "Remote Directory Connection" I can't see new logs in this file.

I believe that's because of the wrong "Logging Level". https://<jira_address>/secure/admin/ViewLogging.jspa

Do you know which Package Logging Level I should change to see more logs?

The test not throwing any errors is expected if it passes the test - it is just a "can I connect to and authenticate with this LDAP connection", it's not trying to actually get any data.

You'll need to try a full synchronisation, or look for errors thrown by the previous ones.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you