Users logged in in past 12 months (JIRA)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

HI All

Our user base is massive on jira and majority consists of users who either no longer use jira or have left he company.

Is it possible to identify only the active users in jira (from the database) say the users who have logged in the past 12 months.

Rahul

7 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

Here is what I did for the users not logged in since Jan 2013, edit it as you wish:

SELECT cwd_user.display_name as [Name],cwd_user.user_name as [Username], dateadd(second,cast(cast(cwd_user_attributes.attribute_value as nvarchar(255)) as bigint)/1000,'19700101 00:00:00:000') as [Last Logged in on]
FROM cwd_user, cwd_user_attributes
WHERE cwd_user.id = cwd_user_attributes.user_id AND cwd_user_attributes.attribute_name = 'login.lastLoginMillis'
AND  dateadd(second,cast(cast(cwd_user_attributes.attribute_value as nvarchar(255)) as bigint)/1000,'19700101 00:00:00:000') < '2013-01-01 00:00:00.0'
order by cwd_user_attributes.attribute_value DESC

venkat Muppidi October 27, 2016

hi mehmet Kazgan,

This is venkat,i what to know ,where to run the above Query

Like Aleksey Korostelev likes this
0 votes
venkat Muppidi October 27, 2016

hi Akash bhardwaj

Did u got solution for your above Question,if you have any ,please help me..

Thanks

venkat

Mary Mark July 18, 2018

0 votes
AKASH BHARDWAJ November 26, 2015

How can I get the list of all users who logged into JIRA & Confluence only in last 3 months

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

Please check this plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/cz.unicorn.jira.auditlog

might help you.

Regards

Onkar Ahire

0 votes
Cyril Egan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013
0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

Hi Rahul,

You can reformulate the query as "users that not logged in jira in the las 12 months":

The relevant tables are CWD_USER and CWD_USER_ATTRIBUTES, joined by USER_ID. In the CWD_USER_ATTRIBUTES there are some records with ATTRIBUTE_NAME='lastAuthenticated'. I reckon is UNIX EPOCH time format

HTH.

0 votes
Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

Hi Rahul,

There are two ways to finding the active or let say inactive users.

for inactive users :

1. if there last recorded login is not within 12 months

2. if these users are not in jira-user group

useful link : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Get+a+List+of+Active+Users+Counting+Towards+the+JIRA+License

Suggest an answer