Users do not receive email after password reset.

Hello,

when users of our JIRA (10-User version) try to recover their passwords, they won't get an recovery email.

The Email Notification Scheme as well as for user invites is working fine. So the SMTP configuration seems to be correct.

There are no pending items in the Mail/Error queue and no exception messages in the JIRA logs. I read somewhere that since JIRA 4.4 or 5.0 there should be a atlassian-jira-outgoing-mai.log or something similar but a quick "find" search showed nothing.

I found some useful information in the '/var/log/mail.log' file, but when I try to recover a test users password nothing shows up...

I'm running a Ubuntu 14.04 root server with JIRA Version 6.3.7 on a 1.8 oracle JVM as a service. It is not running behind any custom web server.

Looking forward to your answers,

amp

1 answer

Turn on email protocol logging and see what you can find out.  I would also changing the logging level to debug.  If I remember correctly the email output log is not on by default.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Logging+email+protocol+details

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Logging+and+Profiling

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,781 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot