Users cannot view columns on the agile active sprint board.

Marc Mastromonico October 5, 2017

I created three additional columns on my sprint board, I can see all six, but the users can only see the three default. Any idea on how I can modify permissions to allow them access? (Using Simplified Workflow)

10-05-2017 2-36-43 PM.jpgSnipImage.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

Boards don't work that way.

I'm 99.9% sure those screenshots are of different boards.  To confirm this, or prove me wrong, look at the urls for both of the screenshots.  I'm certain you're looking at the same system (xxx.atlassian.net), but look closely at the "rapidview=nnnnn" part of the url, I expect different numbers.

100% sure they are the same board. If I move or edit in one, the other changes. However, The user URL end is projectKey=APP&rapidView=27 and Mine (Admin) is rapidView=27&projectKey=APP. Strange??

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

Boards are a view of underlying issue data.  A change on one will be reflected on the other because the issue they are both displaying is a single issue.

The two screenshots you've shown are of different boards.  If you're not sure, could you repeat the screenshots, but include the url bar which was missed off the first one above. 

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2017

@Marc Mastromonico, there are two sets of permissions for the board you can check.  Specific Board permissions and filter permissions.  Both have to be working.  But from the look of your screen shots, did you duplicate the original board?  Have your other user follow the same process for accessing the board as you use.  For example, Click Boards, View All Boards, Link to your board.

pd

Not sure how, but an additional unmapped board was created. Thanks for your help!

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2017

Glad you got it figured out Marc.

Suggest an answer