Users can't log in (using Delegated LDAP Authentication)

Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

I'm long-time JIRA user but administrator-newbie.

I have been trying to set up our User Directory with LDAP (I've tried with a synchronized MS Active Directory and also with Delegated LDAP Authentication). But whenever an employee tries to log in using their Active Directory credentials, they get a "Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again" message.

What am I missing here? I thought both of these options meant new users are automatically recognized and added as an active user (as long as they are in the Active Directory).

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

OK, I realized my mistake: On the User Directory properties page, I had to click the "Copy User on Login", AND supply a "Default Group Membership" (which in my case was "jira-users"). After doing this, it worked.

Suggest an answer