Users can see other projects they don't have access to

Erwin Manuel June 20, 2012

Hi,

As normally implemented, some users only have permission to specific project/s.

When a restricted user browse the 'Projects' menu, he can only see his projects. However, If he clicks 'Create Issue' he can browse, and select the other projects. Is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2012

Hi Erwin,

check the permission scheme of your projects. There is a permission "create issue". There you can control, which projects are visible by clicking "create issue".

Best regards

Thomas

I already checked the permission "Create Issues" and I'm positive that the user does not have any permission with the projects that he can create an issue with. Really strange.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2012

that is strange. "Create issues" is the only permission that controls the selection of the projects menu in the "create issue" window. I've tested it in our Jira installation.

How did you set this permission ?

'User A' only belongs to 'Group A'.

'Group A' has a developer role in 'Project A'.

developer role has permissions to 'Permission Scheme A', this is the permission scheme of 'Project A'

That is all the permission of 'User A', however, when clicking 'Create Issue', the user can see project B,C,D,F,X...

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2012

maybe group A has the developer role in Projects B, C, D ... ?

are there any projects, user A cannot see in the "create issues" view ?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2012

you're welcome,

great you found it :-)

I found the culprit! I removed everything in the "Create Issues" permission and added it one by one to catch problem.

The culprit is the 'Current Assignee' item that was included in the "Create Issue" permission.

I removed it and the issue is gone. Thanks!

Suggest an answer