Users can see my filter in one brower but not another - even after clearing the cache

odcsqa December 1, 2020

I have one filter that has the correct permissions and two users that can see it on one browser but not another. 

1. One user can see it in Chrome but not in FireFox 78.5.0esr (32-bit).

2. The other user CAN see it in FireFox 78.5.0esr (32-bit) but cannot see it in Chrome 86.0.4240.198.

The error message they get is 'The requested filter doesn't exist or is private.' but since they can both see it in at least 1 browser neither of those is the issue.

I had them both clear their cache in the respective non-working browser and it didn't help anything.  I had the second user update to Chrome 87 and it didn't change anything either. Given all that and the fact that in the two cases it is different browsers, it doesn't seem to be a browser issue either.

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2020

Hi odcsqa,

this error message usually (I never came across a different case) comes directly from Jira - it was never browser related.

Just a guess as I came across a case like this some days ago: kindly check if there somewhere a doubled account around.
I would have never thought it would be possible - but in my case one account had the appropriate right, the other not.

In case you have a non-production environment in parallel - make sure the users do not log in to this one by mistake. Also something I encountered in the past.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer