Users are not satisfied with the current custom field drop-down list type

Martin August 1, 2016

Hello,

Users are not satisfied with the current custom field drop-down list type when selecting multiple items from long select lists.

The user's are frustrated with the ctrl-click/shift-click selections because with one wrong click their selections are lost. Some select lists have hundreds of options making it difficult to navigate and see what has and has not been selected.

Is there any way to make the selection more easy? If I can customize it through the source code, if yes, could you please tell me the location where I can change this definition? In which jsp file or configuration file?

Thanks and Regards

2 answers

0 votes
Martin August 8, 2016

Hello,

Any update when we use nFeed field?

Thanks and Regards

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

You can always use a checkboxes instead? This way the list is presented statically and you can browse through it. In order not to make your form 16 pages long, you can split your screens using tabs where these are all listed on one tab. That will make it look more beautiful while you don't risk to lose all data if touching the wrong key.

Martin August 4, 2016

Hello, Jonas,

If the options is not too many, we can use checkboxes instead, but actually we may have almost thousand options, so we select nfeed field to save these values, and then for the nfeed drop down list, a selection widget like the one in the screenshot would be most efficient and user friendly. Can you offer a more workable solution?

Thanks and Regards

Suggest an answer