Users appear in wrong group in comparison with database

Philippe Leménager
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

Hello all.

We use Jira to permit external users to candidate to our school. When candidates are selected, we need to free licences to other candidates (so other users) next year. In the past, I've made it by migrating old users from the standard user group to a "to-delete" group.
This time, I've updated the cwd_membership table but the users migrated still appear in the standard user_group in Jira interface.

In fact, my question is : how can I migrate many users in one time to another group in order of freeing licences ?

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2014

Hi Phillippe, I see you mentioned the table cwd_membership, I supose you're editing the group membership directly via database. In case this is correct, the suggestion is use the Bulk Edit Groups, insted of direct database manipulation as this may cause problems in your instance.

Cheers

Suggest an answer