Users and licences

Atanas Atanasov October 9, 2012

Hello,
I read the description you provided for User but didn't fully understand. We have a frim with 500 employs but we need JIRA for our QA 5 person team and Developers/Business teams (20 people). My question is do we have to buy 11-25 users licence or we can use the 10 users licence? Thank you in advance for your answer.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2012

To add to what John and Harry said, you can configure Jira to allow "anonymous" access as well.

I would never allow anonymous users any access other than read-only - the point of an issue tracker is that you know what people are doing to stuff, but this does mean you can have a 25 user licence, give 25 people (QA/Dev/business) logins and then allow the rest of the business to see what's happening.

1 vote
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Hi Atnas,

The best way I can define the concept of a "user" for you is that each unique active login for the application is a "user" that counts against your user license, so if your users can share a login to the application then you can go with a 10 user license but if you want each user in the application to have their own username and login then you will need to purchase a license that covers all your users.

All the best,
John

1 vote
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Hi, 5 (QA) + 20 (Developer/Business) = 25 users that will be using JIRA. Anyone that has an active account counts as a user towards the license.

0 votes
Atanas Atanasov October 9, 2012

Thank you all for the provided clarifications and suggestions

Suggest an answer