Users and Groups not being restored from Jira Cloud Backup

Dennis Worsham April 11, 2015

I'm trying to create a new test area based on our current production JIRA Cloud app.  I created a backup from production (including attachments, avtars, etc...), but after restore in a different fresh/new cloud app Users and Groups are not there (just me as admin and a couple that look JIRA specific).  I restored to a local instance to confirm users were there, and I see each user entered 2 times. Once with directory_id  2 and the other with directory_id 10000. I don't fully understand the mappings, but would assume this is likely the problem.I don't know the history on the app as to maybe at one time it used LDAP or Crowd for auth, but we currently do not want to use either of those?

3 answers

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2015

Hi, Dennis.

Full JIRA migration always includes Users and Groups, even in Cloud.

Missing users/groups is the main indication that the import failed.

This is often caused by the size of your imports, specially considering that you included attachments.

To check why this failed, you have to open a support request at support.atlassian.com, for further investigation. We need to check the logs and, if indeed the import file size if the problem, do an import without attachments and import the attachments later.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

0 votes
Dennis Worsham April 12, 2015

Thanks for the reply Timothy, unfortunately it looks like Cloud must work a little differently.  There is no menu option for User Directories in Cloud. 

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2015

You need to check where those users are. If the directory holding those users are not available, then those users not be available too.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+Users+between+User+Directories

Suggest an answer