Users Permissions

Dustin Cooper May 23, 2016

Hey we are looking at purchasing JIRA service desk for our company and I question i need to know if it is possible and how to do it keeping in mind we are very new to JIRA.

we would like to have a single support project but multiple user groups which would represent our clients.

Within this group there will be multipe users from that client.

If any user create an issue we want anyone within that same group to be able to edit and view these issue but they should not be able to see other clients (groups )issues

Is this possible and how do i achieve this in trial on the cloud and server in final purchase as this is a crucial part of requirements to purchase this software.

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2016

This feature is not directly supported in JIRA Service Desk Cloud or Server.

The only thing that comes close is Request Participants. You can add users as request participants for an issue and they will be able to view and add comments to that issue. But there is no automated way to do this. Agents or customers would have to add the other users from your client's team manually.

On the server version you do have some more scope to automate these actions as there are add-ons like ScriptRunner which you could use to write a script to populate the request participants fields based on certain conditions. There is also the Teams add-on which I think does what you need. But these don't work in Cloud version.

Suggest an answer