Users Migration

Pavel Volokonskiy February 27, 2013

Hi,

I have question about users migration.

Now I have following configuration Microsoft Active Directory -> Crowd(v.2.3.3) -> JIRA(v.4.4.1) on Windows Server

I want to create new scheme OpenLDAP -> JIRA on Centos.

I've connected OpenLDAP to my old Crowd and tried migrate users from AD to OpenLDAP via Crowd. Users and groups have been moved, but I have problem with passwords. When I'm trying to connect over moved users(using OpenLDAP directory) I get error that password incorrect and when I'm checking passwords in OpenLDAP management it also incorrect. How I can move users correct?

1 answer

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Hi Pavel

Isn't this problem ocuring regaring the the Hash algorithm used for the passwords?

Maybe changing the passwords hash will help. You can make a test with at least one user. Check in your AD which Hash algorithm is been used. Also check if the password stills the same when imported to Crowd or if it's been hashed to another format.

If so, the hashes can be changed using password-hash, as the example below:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11731547/how-do-you-turn-on-password-hashing-ssha-in-openldap

Hope it helps!

Suggest an answer