I have question about users migration.

Now I have following configuration Microsoft Active Directory -> Crowd(v.2.3.3) -> JIRA(v.4.4.1) on Windows Server

I want to create new scheme OpenLDAP -> JIRA on Centos.

I've connected OpenLDAP to my old Crowd and tried migrate users from AD to OpenLDAP via Crowd. Users and groups have been moved, but I have problem with passwords. When I'm trying to connect over moved users(using OpenLDAP directory) I get error that password incorrect and when I'm checking passwords in OpenLDAP management it also incorrect. How I can move users correct?

1 answer

Hi Pavel

Isn't this problem ocuring regaring the the Hash algorithm used for the passwords?

Maybe changing the passwords hash will help. You can make a test with at least one user. Check in your AD which Hash algorithm is been used. Also check if the password stills the same when imported to Crowd or if it's been hashed to another format.

If so, the hashes can be changed using password-hash, as the example below:

Hope it helps!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Mar 17, 2018 in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

608 views 6 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot