Users/Groups/Project Roles - Permissions

Carolin Scharke December 3, 2021

In our project, different user groups (PMO, internal, external) were created. I see these user groups correctly assigned in the project settings. If I now want to authorize the third group (external) to read a dashboard - besides the PMO and internal group - I cannot select this (external), although it is set the same way as the PMO/internal group. What can I do - it is really urgent?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2021

Hi @Carolin Scharke  and welcome

Is your user in this new, third group? 

If not, add your user to it, then you should be able to use that group to share.

HTH,
KGM

Carolin Scharke December 6, 2021

Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ,

the user is "new", but we add her and other users already to the group weeks before.

They are also correctly assigned in the group settings. However, only 2 of 3 groups are displayed for selection in the permissions.

Kind regards

Carolin

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Ok. Not sure I am totally understanding but know this: the user who is going to share a dashboard needs to be in the group that the dashboard is about to be shared with. Is this the case?

I.e. if user abc wants to share a dashboard with group wyz, then abc needs to be a member of group wyz.

HTH,
KGM

Carolin Scharke December 6, 2021

Ahhh, your example was really helpful. We have an PMO-Group (intern), a project team group (intern) and a third group (external). I can't select the thrid group because I'm not a member myself.

We changed it and now I can add also the third group. THANK YOU!

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2021

Very welcome, @Carolin Scharke  Please click on the "Accept answer" so others can also benefit. I´m glad I could assist.

KGM

Suggest an answer