Username completion not working JIRA

Andrew DeFaria July 8, 2015

I have a prod instance of JIRA and a dev instance. Recently username completion broke. If I enter ~username in [] I get the username and it links. But if I type @username it doesn't work. Also in places like Admin: Projects: Components when I start typing a username in say the component lead I do not get completion at all. If I type an invalid username then attempt to correct it it will not take. Instead it'll say the username doesn't exist but the username it mentions in the error message is my mistaken username, not the corrected username. The only way out is to cancel the update and do it again, correctly this time. So, for example, if I try to assign me as component lead and I mistakenly type adefaira instead of adefaria it will say "The username adefaira does not exist". If I correct it to adefaria it still says "The username adefaira does not exist"

I see nothing in the log files regarding this.

This is in the prod instance. In the dev instance it works as expected. Typing @username does completion as expected and typing in the Component Lead field works OK.

How do we fix this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2015

Do you have the "Browse Users" global permission?

0 votes
Andrew DeFaria July 8, 2015

Yes. This used to work. Then it broke. We did not change any global permissions... Hmmm... Looks like we did change some groupings and this was causing this problem.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer