Usergroup can browse all Projects altough they are not allowed

Stefan Krause July 2, 2017

Hi jira-community, can pls someone help me with my issue? I've created a usergroup that is granted for specific projects => they can see only the wanted project in summary - that's right, how it should be :)

But if one of the user creates a new task/epic/etc. they can see all other projects :( 

Can pls someone give me an advice or hint what am i doing wrong??? I've checked different group-settings and read all other threads about similar behavior but i can't fix it ...

Thanks for your help!! Best Stefan

2 answers

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2017

I guess you have added the group directly into a permission scheme that it's being used by other projects.

I would suggest adding that group to one or more project roles (ie: Users, Developers, Administrators) in the projects you would like that group to have browse projects permission.

Stefan Krause July 4, 2017

Hi Ignaciao, thanks for your quick response :)

I've tried your apporach but i can't setup the roles like i'd like to have :(

I have a group for a specific customer-group (they can handel three different boards/projects). Right now they can open/modify only there projects (config via Berechtigungsschemata) => even via deeplink to another project they can't access it.

BUT ... if one of the accounts creates a now task he can see al other projects -> That's should not be!!!

If i remove the "browse" privileg they can't see any projects.

The group is assigned to group jira-software-users and their own group. 

Whatever i'll try to modify i can't setup that the customer-group only see their own projects if they'll create any new issue.

Can you or anyone of you understand what i'm doing wrong?? thanks a lot for your help :)

0 votes
Stefan Krause July 5, 2017

To restrict permissions on a project, using Any logged in users should be avoided. In this specific case, do not grant Create Issue permission to Any logged in Users

After that, the affected user-group can only see/access the wanted projects.

Thanks Atlassian Support :) 

Suggest an answer