Usergroup can browse all Projects altough they are not allowed

Hi jira-community, can pls someone help me with my issue? I've created a usergroup that is granted for specific projects => they can see only the wanted project in summary - that's right, how it should be :)

But if one of the user creates a new task/epic/etc. they can see all other projects :( 

Can pls someone give me an advice or hint what am i doing wrong??? I've checked different group-settings and read all other threads about similar behavior but i can't fix it ...

Thanks for your help!! Best Stefan

2 answers

1 vote

I guess you have added the group directly into a permission scheme that it's being used by other projects.

I would suggest adding that group to one or more project roles (ie: Users, Developers, Administrators) in the projects you would like that group to have browse projects permission.

Hi Ignaciao, thanks for your quick response :)

I've tried your apporach but i can't setup the roles like i'd like to have :(

I have a group for a specific customer-group (they can handel three different boards/projects). Right now they can open/modify only there projects (config via Berechtigungsschemata) => even via deeplink to another project they can't access it.

BUT ... if one of the accounts creates a now task he can see al other projects -> That's should not be!!!

If i remove the "browse" privileg they can't see any projects.

The group is assigned to group jira-software-users and their own group. 

Whatever i'll try to modify i can't setup that the customer-group only see their own projects if they'll create any new issue.

Can you or anyone of you understand what i'm doing wrong?? thanks a lot for your help :)

To restrict permissions on a project, using Any logged in users should be avoided. In this specific case, do not grant Create Issue permission to Any logged in Users

After that, the affected user-group can only see/access the wanted projects.

Thanks Atlassian Support :) 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

456 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you