UserPreferencesResetInterceptor no longer present in 6.3.4 distribution

Darren August 25, 2014

In attempting to upgrade to 6.3.4 from 6.2.5 we've noticed the removal of the UserPreferencesResetInterceptor.class file. We use seraph to implement SSO using CAS and this configuration relies on this class.

In seraph-config.xml:

<interceptors>

<interceptor class="com.atlassian.jira.user.preferences.UserPreferencesResetInterceptor"/>

</interceptors>

. . . .

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load security config 'seraph-config.xml': Exception configuring from 'seraph-config.xml'. : com.atlassian.seraph.config.ConfigurationException: Could not getRequest service: com.atlassian.jira.user.preferences.UserPreferencesResetInterceptor : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.atlassian.jira.user.preferences.UserPreferencesResetInterceptor

----------

~/jira_build$ find atlassian-jira-6.2.5-war -name "UserPreferencesResetInterceptor.class"
atlassian-jira-6.2.5-war/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/jira/user/preferences/UserPreferencesResetInterceptor.class

VS

find atlassian-jira-6.3.4-war -name "UserPreferencesResetInterceptor.class" -> nothing

Where did the com.atlassian.jira.user.preferences.UserPreferencesResetInterceptor.class go?

I didn't see anything in the release notes about it?

Is there a configuration that will us to use CAS authentication?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Martens August 29, 2014

I had the same issue when updating our JIRA instance that uses CROWD (I think you mean CROWD where you mentioned CAS) for SSO. I found this post and your post got me looking at seraph-config.xml again. Ours also listed the com.atlassian.jira.user.preferences.UserPreferencesResetInterceptor configuratoin in the interceptor block.

As a a crude diagnosis test I commented out this authenticator to see whether JIRA would start and it did after some very minimal testing it seems that login in using our SSO server still works.

Hopefully your installation is already up and running, otherwise I would suggest commenting out the interceptor (or the whole block).

Jonathan Martens August 29, 2014

In the mean time I also opened a support request with my findings: https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JSP-202762

Darren September 7, 2014

Yep that did the trick. I wonder what the class even did. Thanks for tip. BTW we are using CAS not CROWD,

Denny Schäfer November 20, 2014

You save my day

Suggest an answer