UserPicker from ProjectRole shows HTML - code in Field Description

Boris.Blaha-Ysker@ext.hlag.com November 5, 2013

customer uses html-syntax in Field Description (field configuration) in various CustomFields; works fine in all fields in version 5.1.8 - in release 6.0.5 it works in all other fields, but in UserPicker from project role fields the source code is shown

4 answers

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2013

i think user picker from project role field from third party plugin, is iam right? if yes then check this

JIRA 6 on plugin custom fields are not allowed anymore to support HTML in the description for security reasons. It's only supported by the system fields and standard custom fields already provided by JIRA. (Reference:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-28776)

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2013

Hey there,

I have checked on the default custom fields of JIRA does not contain the project role fields, is it provided by some plugin. You might want to check with the plugin vendor of this behaviour.

0 votes
Boris.Blaha-Ysker@ext.hlag.com November 5, 2013

hi,

the field description in the field Configuration i.e. contains blahablaha <br><font color="red">blahablaha</font>
in version 5.1.8 you see in an edit screen with this custom field httml formatted content in the description below the field; in version 6.0.5 you see only the souce code; but html formatted descriptions are shown correctly in other fields (text, date, number etc.) only userPicker from project role fields are showing source code

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013

Please elloborate more on the problem. Did you want to add code in UserPicker customfield description?

Suggest an answer