User picker in the reviewer field is empty

Kat Max May 8, 2016

Hi,

Can you please let me know why there is no option to choose from in the user picker form?

Please see the attachment.

reviewer.png

Tnx

Kat

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2016

That suggests that the user picker has been limited in it's configuration, to a group or role, and one which is empty.

Also, could you check if you have the full "browse user" permission in global permissions?

Kat Max May 9, 2016

Hi,

I do have several user groups under the global permissions, but still no one cannot chose anyone from user picker.

So what else should i check?

Tnx

Kat

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2016

The first part of my answer - what groups or roles is the picker limited to in its configuration?

Kat Max May 9, 2016

I am not sure where do i configure user picker..

Pls advise.

Tnx

Kat

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2016

Ah, ok.  You need to be a JIRA or system admin, so log in with one of those type accounts, then go to Admin -> Custom fields, and find the "reviewer" field in the list.

To the right, look for "configure" for the field and open that up.  You should find at least one "context" for the field, which I suspect will include something like "only show users in group X"

Kat Max May 9, 2016

Thank you, this worked out.

Just one question - when someone selected to be a reviewer he doesn't get the notification or this also need to be set.

Please let me know.

Tnx

Kat

Like Matthias Vandercleyen likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2016

Have you a the reviewer field to the notification scheme?

Kat Max May 10, 2016

I am trying to add the notification event from the dropdown list but i don't see the reviewer field.

Pls advise.

Tnx

Kat

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2016

I'm sorry, I'm not sure where you are looking.  Could you follow this and tell me where you get stuck:

1. Go to the notification scheme
  2. Find an event which you want to tell the reviewer about
  3. Click Add
  4. (Optionally, use ctrl-click to add other events here)
  5. Select "custom field" as the target
  6. Reviewer should appear on the list, so select it and confirm

Suggest an answer