User picker from project role - causes SIL script error. critical loss of workflow functionality

   We are about to upgrade from Jira 5.11 to Jira 6.3.

 

    I have deployed a VM to do upgrade testing on and hit an issue with SIL script that we use to add a QA engineer to each issue we create

 

    The script set custom field ''User picker from project role" and fails with a type cast error

 

    I have confirmed that I can use the "User picker" field instead. Problem is converting 70+ SIL scripts and running very larger query to copy the exiting data to a new custom field

 

    What hope to be able to do is change the exiting custom field type from "'User picker from project role" to "User picker". So I need help with query

1 answer

0 vote

JUP plugin is compatible with 6.3... make sure you are using the right version. Setting the value should take a User object. What type is your SIL script trying to set?

Suggest an answer

Log in or Join to answer
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,223 views 14 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot