User permissions to add another user to a project role

Stuart Grimshaw August 25, 2011

We've recently upgraded from Jira 4.2 to Jira 4.4 and one of our project leads can no longer add people to the various roles for his projects.

In the new roles screen on the project, when he tries to add a new user he just gets the message

No Matches

As the system administrator I can still do it.

What is the permission I need to be able to add people to his project.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thiago Ribeiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2011

Hi Stuart,

This permission to search for users is granted on Jira Global Permissions adding your users or a group in the Browse Users permission.

Browse Users: Ability to select a user or group from a popup window. Users with this permission will be able to see names of all users and groups in the system.

Follow the steps below to set the permission:

Go to administration -> Users tab next to Plugins -> select Global Permissions -> add a group or specific users on the Browse Users permission;

I hope it helps you.

Thiago Ribeiro

1 vote
Katsumi August 31, 2011

I know the right answer:

You must go to the Administration Panel and go to the page "Settings" (Some general project configuration options.)

There is a line called: JIRA Project

and one link "Configure".

That link will take you to the configuration Panel.

And there is another link "View Members" that you can click to add others to the project's roles.

Katsumi

Suggest an answer