It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

User managing sprints without being an Org & Site Admin?

I'm trying to configure a user to 'Manage Sprints', but he keeps getting "We couldn't make that happen because you don't have Schedule Issues permission."

He is a member of 'jira-administrators'.

Using the permission helper it initially pointed me in the direction of him not having "Manage sprint" permissions under the service desks we have configured.  Having added the permissions for him to all the service desk permissions schemes, it's still not allowing him.

As far as I can see 'atlassian-addons-project-access' isn't a group I can add him in to.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

jira-perms-helper.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Leo Community Leader Nov 11, 2019

Hi @Gary Hyde,

From the error log I could see that user does not have permission to schedule issues

check this out in your permission scheme 

schedule-issue-permission.png

Clicked on the wrong thing to reply, the "answer" below is my reply, not the answer to this problem!  Sorry for any confusion...

Hi @Leo 

Thanks for the reply.  I've just edited the permission scheme for that service desk, and I get the same error from the permission helper.  The user is out of the office today, but I'll get him to try again when he is in tomorrow.

jira-perms-helper2.jpg

<entered by mistake please ignore >

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you