User management for Atlassian products

Krishna Prasad PS September 27, 2017

Need clarification on how the user management is achieved in Atlassian products.

I've created trial accounts for "Bitbucket", "Trello", "Statuspage" and added some users in to those applications. Later I've created "Atlassian" account with the applications "Jira Software" and "Confluence". I observed that the users created under Atlassian (Jira Software and Confluence) are not visible under "Bitbucket", "Trello", "Statuspage" and vice versa. The users created under "Atlassian" is visible for "Jira Software", "Confluence", "Jira Core", "Jira Service Desk".

My understanding from this community question is that, Cloud uses a single user management for all Cloud applications within the instance.

Kindly clarify why I'm not able to see all the users for all products under Atlassian account.

One more query:

In Atlassian, under "Discover new applications" only the following applications are found: "Jira Service Desk", "Jira Core", "Stride", "Questions for Confluence", "Team Calendars for Confluence", "Capture for Jira", "Portfolio for Jira", "Bitbucket". Why the other applications like "Statuspage", "Trello", "Bamboo" etc are not listed?

Kindly guide regarding this too.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2017

Hi Krishna ! 

So actually even if some of the Atlassian products have a cloud version, they are not all part of the Atlassian Cloud. 

The Atlassian Cloud is indeed a group of cloud products which share the same user management (but not only (they are also hosted on the same cloud and are following these compliance/security statements
The products in the Atlassian Cloud are the Jira platform, Confluence, and Stride. So it results in : 

- the 3 Jira products (jira core, jira software, jira service desk 
- Confluence 
- Stride
- the add-ons for Confluence developed by Atlassian (Questions for Confluence & Team calendar)
- the add-ons for Jira developed by Atlassian (Capture & Portfolio for Jira) 

For those products, the user management in the Cloud will be centralized)

So the other products that you mention (Bitbucket, Trello, Status page) are cloud products, but not "members" of the Atlassian cloud. That's why they have their own sperate user management. 

And on a side note, Bamboo isn't a cloud product. It's replaced on cloud by BitBucket Pipelines :) 

I hope it helps ! 

Krishna Prasad PS October 22, 2017

Thanks you Hermance. Your answer really helped to understand about the Atlassian products.

Suggest an answer