User logs in and resets password, subsequent login attempts fail

Erik Gibson August 11, 2017

A newly invited user logged in and changed his password.  Subsequent attempts to login failed.  The user management console indicated the user had never logged in.

I deleted the user and re-invited the same e-mail address.  Again, he reported having logged in and changing his password, and again his next attempt to log in failed.  The user management console shows the user never logged in.

Thoughts appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

Hi Erik,

Is this a Cloud instance or an on-premise instance?

If it is a Cloud instance please let me know the Cloud URL and I can check on the Cloud side.  If this is a self hosted instance:

1. Is this connected to CROWD and if so what do the CROWD logs say at the time of login?
  2. If this is not CROWD what does the JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira-security.log say?
  3. Does the user get an error message or a captcha?

If the user is trying to login but does not get any response have them generate a HAR file and see what it says in regards to where the traffic is being directed to.

Cheers,

Branden

Erik Gibson August 16, 2017

Hi Branden,

This is a cloud instance at http://jira.rocherapid.com.  The user reports getting a response on initial login.

Thanks for your help on this.

Erik

Suggest an answer