User login failure

Dan Hartnack May 2, 2012

I have set up a user recently and I have double, triple, and quadruple checked all the permission settings in the specific project I want the user to have access to and have changed the password multiple times, but I am still getting the error "Sorry, your username and password are incorect-please try again." message. Is there anything I should look for in the logs, so far I was unable to find any errors linked with the username trying to log in.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dan Hartnack May 3, 2012

Figured it out. We have an active directory set up so when the user is created he needed to use that password instead of a jira issues password

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2012

Hi Dan, I'm sure it won't be a permission scheme trouble because even if you have not even one permission you should be able to log.

But, that sounds like a Global Permission issue, have you checked there? There should be a Permission called 'Jira users' and assigned to the group 'jira-users'. Check to whom is assigned and if the user is in the group.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2012

This is a new user that never has logged into Jira? Maybe there is a blank space or something like that in the user name.

And could you try to add the user to a new different group and assign that group the permission?

Dan Hartnack May 2, 2012

Other users have experienced this as well in the past. I believe the administrator at the time deleted the user then re-created them under a different username but I am not certain.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2012

Only that user is having trouble? Have you tried other users?

Dan Hartnack May 2, 2012

Yes, I have made sure the user is part of a group with the global permission for jira-users and still he is unable to log in.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2012

Glad you found the solution! You could convert your comment to an answer and mark as correct

Dan Hartnack May 2, 2012

Figured it out. We have an active directory set up so when the user is created he needed to use that password instead of a jira issues password

Like benvindo.marial likes this

Suggest an answer