User log in

Gavin Thomas September 11, 2014

I have removed a user from the group JIRA-User, but i am still able to log in as that user, but only have the dashboard visible. how do i prevent that user from logging it at all?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2014

Hi Gavin, 

Remove that user from ALL groups.

Also, verify if for some reason this user is in the 'JIRA User' Global Permission. Then, remove him/her from that too.

Please let us know how that works out.

Cheers!

Hi Elisa,

The user is not in any groups, and I've checked the global permission and the user isn't in that either. It looks like all 'users' that I have created are able to log in, despite them not belonging to a single group, and not counting towards my license.

Cheers

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2014

Do you happen to have the anonymous login (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+anonymous+access) activated?

1 vote
Sarah Elmer September 11, 2014

I agree with Davy, this should have relinquished their ability to see an actual dashboard, but only a "login" page. If you can still actually see a dashboard, I would contact Support and make sure you send them a screenshot.

1 vote
davy
Atlassian Team
September 11, 2014

Hi Gavin,

Removing JIRA Application access for that user in the User Management will prevent the user from logging in.

Best Regards,

Ryans

Hi Thanks Ryan, I've done that but they are still able to log in and see the dashboard

0 votes
Kevin Maes September 12, 2014

Setting the user to inactive, prevents him from logging in:

Click on the user > Edit details > uncheck the active box

Suggest an answer