User is unable to receive any notifications from Jira

Sushmitha August 26, 2022

Hi,

One of Jira user is not receiving any of the notifications from JIRA. This is for all the requests where he is assignee and reporter as well. Others are getting notification. I checked project configurations and Notification helper says that the user receives notifications. Notifications are enabled for "My Changes" under user's Jira profile.

Additionally there is one more thing under Outlook which user has highlighted. His outlook having a separate JIRA Outlook label and it seems he does not have the access for it. Is this causing issue ?

screenshot-4.png

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Sushmitha

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Hi @Sushmitha, I suggest going through Troubleshooting why a Jira user did not receive a notification from a ticket while this user was expecting to receive it  and post your findings back to this thread. Based on your description, it seems fine on the Jira side, especially if other assignees and reporters are receiving notifications. Also, what did you get back when you send a test email?

Sushmitha September 2, 2022

Hi @Ivan Lima ,

Thanks for your response, I have tried to send a test email and got below error.

" An error has occurred with sending the test email:
com.atlassian.mail.MailException: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
nested exception is:
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 550 5.1.1 <  >... User unknown "

Suggest an answer